Curtis Willis and Maizie


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Susan Rambo Sampler & Cat Patrol

Another lovely spring day in North Florida....sunshine without humidity, we love it!  The cats are on Lizard Patrol, looking through the screen out to the deck where the varmints like to sunbathe.  Curtis Willis had his annual checkup at the vet yesterday & weighed in at 11.5 lbs; he felt like 50 in his Sherpa carrier!  Didn't much care for his shots but he sure slept deeply last night.  What a sweet baby he is. 
This is my Susan Rambo sampler in progress.  She's an addictive one!  I started her 2 weeks ago, using 1 strand of DMC on 32 ct linen in (I think) Clay but I have to confirm what brand of linen it is...can't remember!  The original sampler is featured on the current issue of SANQ.
This is the first piece I have ever started in the upper left corner (or anywhere other than dead center).  I didn't take time to measure (why?? I don't know!!) so eyeballed it & think I over-compensated.

Am sifting through stash with an eye to selling some old Prairie Schoolers on eBay over the next week or two.  Then off to get a much needed pedi now that it's officially sandal weather.  Wishing you all a week of good weather and happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. I love your Susan Rambo! Gorgeous! Your kitties are so cute -- I bet they're enjoying the open doors and windows! Mia got a sniff of that one day and now it's cold again. :( Poor thing wants spring too. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Susan is looking wonderful. Such great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan Rambo is just exquisite - can't wait to see her in person - I can see why you are happily stitching away on this girl - those kitty babies are so cute - Mel

    ReplyDelete