Curtis Willis and Maizie


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blogging...In My Mind

April was such a busy month with LOTS of good blog fodder. But did I post? Noooooo!!! But in my mind...oh, in my mind, I blogged every day!!  In April we had a bathroom remodel, Easter, a milestone birthday ending in "0", visitors, gardening, closet cleaning, major stash acquisition, flowers blooming, butterflies hatching, bluebirds nesting...I'm sure I'm missing a few things but it's all humdrum without snaps, so here are a few:

Yesterday I noticed the bluebirds carrying what appeared to be eggshell far away from the nest, and by this morning I could easily hear the little "peep peep peeps" from the nesting box that can only mean newborns!! Here's a snap of mama bluebird getting ready to deliver a tasty treat into the box:

I planted quiet a few new flowering plants that appeal to butterflies, hummingbirds (they're back!) and the fattest bumble bees you've ever seen! I swear they're the size of chickadees!

I caught a serious case of 'startitis' too..both knitting and cross-stitch, in a big way!!
Working on My Brother's Keeper by Plum Street
Started Lizzie Kate's Green FlipIts:

Started Wendy Knit's Double Ruffle Scarf in color-changing Kauni EffektGarn, on Size 3 needles; liked it so much I ordered 2 more skeins in different colorways:
Started & frogged (more than once) a gorgeous lace shawl by MimKnits named Aspen Grove Shawl.  Now that my new stitch markers are here I'll tackle it again.  Note to self...stop trying to knit lace while watching TV late at night!  Received this month's installment of Romi's 2012 Lace Club yarn, a fabulous skein of golden lace weight from A Verb for Keeping Warm

I'll leave you with a snap of Curtis Willis being his usual cute self.  He survived his 2 year checkup but was a little jumpy the rest of the day.  And a snap of me on the beach late Easter afternoon, which also happened to be my birthday!
6-0 BAY-BEE!!!





5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a big birthday! Happy belated birthday to you!! Love seeing what you've been up to -- you've been quiet this month! Love all the yarnie goodness. I keep saying I'll get back to knitting but I never do. Love your Brother's Keeper -- but of course I just love that piece! Love the Lizzie Kate too! And Curtis Willis. So cute!! Mia will be 2 in June. What a weird thought! I still think of her as a kitten. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday . Love your starts and stash .X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris - this was a great post - loved seeing all your new plants and WOW - you are flying on the Plum St design - such pretty colors and the Lizzie Kate is so fun and bright - gotta love that precious CW - he is mommy's fave I think (shhhh - we won't tell the other little scamp) Hope your 60th is the best year of your life - make it so ! Love ya - mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. well happy birthday girlfriend, you don't look a day over 40!! it's so hard to keep up with "the blog" when your so busy but those are the times we really need to. memoralizing our journey, our life.....sharing those wonderful times with blog friends. plus, we don't have to make shit up!!!

    i can't wait to see all your projects finished!!

    ReplyDelete